Source: Boiling Point Podcast
In This Episode:
- Greg and Dave celebrate the beginning of season 3!
- Greg shares how Seth Godin is a hero of Dave and Greg’s.
- Seth explains his heart for teaching someone new things and making significant changes.
- Seth also explains why Psychographics are important for marketing in a modern social media culture.
- Dave describes the concept of listening to understand versus listening to respond.
- Seth describes how to shortest route always looks like the longest one and why taking shortcuts is never the path to success.
- Using a ‘Grateful Dead’ analogy, the three explain the benefit of focusing on impressing your smaller audience that is really passionate about what you do instead of aiming to please a wider range of people.
- Seth Godin has been a teacher for 40 years starting at the age of 17. He is also an author with 18 best sellers underneath his belt.
- He has his own successful podcast, as well as one of the most popular blogs in the world.
- Seth is the founder of two companies, ‘Squidoo’ and ‘Yoyodyne’, as-well-as an online leadership and management workshop called ‘altMBA’
- In 2013, Seth was one of just three professionals inducted into the Direct Marketing Hall of Fame and in 2018 he was also inducted into the Marketing Hall of Fame.