In 2020, Heritage NL designated a concrete footbridge in Bowring Park as a Registered Heritage Structure, one of the first modernist structures in NL to be recognized as such. The bridge was designed in part by influential architect Blanche Lemco Van Ginkel, and it has been an object of fascination and study for Newfoundland architecture student Sarah Reid. Folklorist Dale Jarvis chats with Sarah about her interest in the footbridge, and shares some of the audio she recorded in conversation with Blanche Van Ginkel herself.
- Soul Sister Conversations: Opting Out is Intentional Living with Cait Flanders
- A Sunday Kind of Love: Feng Shui Your Sanctuary – A conversation with Jess Neary, Feng Shui Consultant
- Rural Spark: Recruiting rural doctors? Don’t forget those studying abroad
- Silver Screen Anomalies: “Level Up!”
- Elwood City Limits: PREVIEW – For The Kids #19: Boohbah