Oat milk is TRENDING. In the last decade, plant-based beverages (PBBs) have been rising in popularity and consequently, dairy milk consumption is declining.
Oat milk has become the all-star of 2020, at least when it comes to milk alternatives. But is it worthy of it’s title? Why does it get so much hype? These are some of the things we chat about in this episode!
H & T also talk about some pretty bogus pseudoscience coming from Zac Efron’s recent Down to Earth docuseries on Netflix in the BS of the Week. We love you Zac, but filtered water is NOT bad for you.
- Climate Change: Which vegan milk is best? Clara Guibourg and Helen Briggs
- “Reducing food’s environmental impact through producers and consumers” (Poore & Nemecek, 2018)
- “All the problematic pseudoscience shared by Zac Efron’s health guru and guests in his new Netflix show ‘Down to Earth’”
- Amino Acid Composition of Novel Plant Drinks from Oat, Lentil and Pea
(Bonke et al., 2020)
- “Which Plant-Based Milk Is Best for the Environment?”
- “How well do plant based alternatives fare nutritionally compared to cow’s milk?” (Vanga & Raghavan, 2017)