HAPPY CANADA DAY!
In this episode, Tosh takes Nathan’s How Canadian Are You test. Listen and play along and see how you do. And if you want the questions, we’ve posted them here (you’ll have to listen to the show to get the correct answers though).
1. Canada became a country in 1867. What 4 provinces created the Dominion of Canada?
2. Who is Canada’s longest serving Prime minister?
Sir John A. Macdonald
William Lyon Mackenzie King
3. What was the first Province to give women the right to vote?
4. Our Flag isn’t very old. In fact it didn’t become Canada’s official banner until;
5. John McCrae wrote….
The lyrics to O Canada
The lyrics to God Save the Queen
The ‘I Am Canadian’ Slogan for Molson
The poem In Flanders Fields
6. Which one of these is NOT a Canadian Invention?
7. The Toronto Blue Jays won back to back world series titles in 1992 and 1993. On October 23rd 1993 Joe carter hit the series winning home run at Sky Dome. Which Broadcaster spoke these words? Touch em’ all Joe, you’ll never hit a bigger home run in your life?
8. The Ontario government earned $500 million (over $5 billion by today’s standards),when they took quintuplets from their parents and built a special hospital/display centre dubbed “Quintland”. What was the last name of the family?
9. Where did Terry Fox end his marathon of Hope?
10. The best selling Canadian album of all time belongs to …